IIITG's B.Tech. program admits students in two of its disciplines, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). Seats are filled up through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) after qualifying JEE (Main) examination administered by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Why IIIT Guwahati?
- Affiliation: Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati (IIITG) is an institution under MHRD, Govt. of India. It is an Institution of National Importance under an Act of Parliament (THE INDIAN INSTITUTES OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP) ACT, 2017.
- Permanent Campus: The Institute has shifted to its permanent campus in July 2018. Students are staying in the hostels inside the campus. Most of the faculty members are staying in the faculty residence within the campus itself. The campus is located on a 67 acre plot, 4 km from Guwahati airport, on the National Highway.
- Director: Prof. Gautam Barua former Director of IIT Guwahati is the Director of the Institute.
- Faculty Strength: Professor (on contract)– 1, Assoc. Professor – 9, Asst. Professor – 39; Total – 49
- Staff Strength: Registrar–1, Asst. Registrar–1, Superintending Engineer–1, Senior Technical Superintendent – 4, Junior Technical Superintendent – 2, Senior Superintendent – 6, Junior Accounts Officer – 1, Junior Assistant – 10, Library Information Officer – 2; total – 28.
- Placement: IIIT Guwahati had a successful placement session in 2021-22 with an average package of 15 lakhs per annum (approximately). Some of the companies where our students got placed are: Microsoft, Amazon, Deloitte, ZS Associates, Tekion, Mindtickle, Gamescraft, Infoedge (Monster.com), Commvault, Avalara, Publicis Sapient, Juspay, Legato Healthcare, Samsung Research Institute-Delhi. The selection processes for some companies are still going on. For more information click here.Many final year students have also pursued full semester internships in reputed organizations like Amazon, Ubisoft, Versa Networks, Gamescraft and many more with maximum stipend of 80000 per month.
- Internship: Final year students have an option to spend their final semester as an intern in an external organization getting academic credit in lieu of B. Tech project credits.
- NIRF Rank: IIITG has been ranked 112 in the Engineering category of NIRF 2022.
- Campus-Network: IIITG provides 24x7 campus wide connectivity to its community. On campus, students can access high-speed (1 Gbps) LAN and Wi-fi. IIITG is part of National Knowledge Network (NKN), which ensures 1 Gbps connection.
- Accommodation & facilities: There is a Boys’ hostel which can accommodate 689 students and a Girls’ hostel which can accommodate 178 students. Students will either be in a double room with toilet facilities shared among 8 double rooms, or in smaller double rooms with a double-decker bed, but with an attached bathroom. A new girls’ hostel with 30 capacities (15 double rooms with attached bathrooms) and a new boys’ hostel with 120 capacities (60 double rooms with attached bathrooms) are getting ready. For more information click here
- Sports & Recreation: A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Sports and games are a major aspect of complete development both physically and mentally for a person. In this competitive age, sports is equally essential to supplement and enhance the academic development. The students at IIITG indulge in a number of sporting activities like basketball, football, badminton, etc. which inculcate in them a spirit to participate, compete and win. IIIT Guwahati has its annual techno-cultural-sports fest named “Yuvaan” to give equal opportunities to boys and girls to portray their skills in various fields of recreation and sports
For more information about IIITG click here.
At IIITG, undergraduate education emphasizes on a broad academic foundation, development of deep subject-area knowledge, a variety of rich learning experiences inside and outside the classroom, and cultivation of skills to help students become lifelong learners. With an enduring dedication to the pursuit of excellence, IIIT-G offers unparalleled student experiences across a broad spectrum of academics environment. The B.Tech courses offered at IIITG are:
B.Tech. in CSE
The programme is designed to create innovators and researchers. Students are given a strong foundation in CSE that includes electronics and hardware. The B.Tech (CSE) program at IIIT-Guwahati starts with computing oriented courses first, and allows the possibility of doing science courses later. Besides being better suited for an IT program, it also enables the possibility of students seeing newer applications and possibilities of relating IT with these subjects.
B.Tech. in ECE
The programme is designed to create innovators and researchers. ECE courses like electronics, signals & systems, communications, VLSI, and embedded systems are introduced in the early semesters. Students also take a number of CSE oriented courses: Programming, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networks. The main objectives of the B.Tech (ECE) program are to produce students who are well prepared for Indian industry with necessary core competency to succeed long-term in engineering/entrepreneurship careers (post B.Tech), and who are well prepared to undertake PG studies and research careers.
The academic year has been divided into two semesters namely the MONSOON semester from July-Dec and the WINTER semester from Jan-May.
The winter vacation period for students is generally in the month of December and the summer vacation period is from the beginning of May to the third week of July.Click here to view the latest B. Tech. curriculum.
Fee Structure and Financial Assistance
The fee structure for 2023-24 batch is given below
Amount (in Rs.)
Institute Caution Money
One Time (Refundable)
mess related fee/deposit
Mess related Collections for all hosteller students
Amount (in Rs.)
Per Semester (4 months) (at actuals) (at
Total Amount Payable at Admission (less what has been paid to JOSAA / CSAB)
For complete information click here.For more information on education loans, click here
Seat Matrix 2022
|Prog Code as per JoSAA format||Quota (HS/OS/AI)||Cat||GE||GE-PwD||EWS||EWS-PwD||SC||SC-PwD||ST||ST-PwD||OBC NCL||OBC-NCL-PwD||Total|
Campus Life and Facilities
A Students’ Gymkhana Council co-ordinates student activities. Co-curricular activities are an integral part of a student’s life in IIITG. Our winter semesters are abuzz with sports and a cultural fest – Yuvaan.Read More
Training and Placement
Several firms like Amazon, Directi, Smartprix, Nagarro, TCS, Zaloni, IBM Global services, FR Technology, Mettl etc., have participated.Read More
IIITG's JoSAA profile
Seats are filled up through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) after qualifying JEE (Main) examination administered by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).Read More