Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) in the following area of research:
|1||Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Intelligent Real-time Monitoring and Surveillance||Mourina Ghosh||Full-time||Fellowship from IITG TIDF (for 11 months). After that, an assistantship will be provided through an Institute fellowship.||1|
Applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
i) Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area with a minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.5 or 60% of marks.
ii) Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 or 65% of marks
(SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer) and PD categories): Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CPI for SC/ST/PD applicants. Reservation is as per GOI rules. OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates will have to enclose certificate and self-declaration statement as per format at Annexure-I & Annexure-II. The OBC (NCL) Certificate, issued by the competent authority, on or after 01-06-2019, shall only be acceptable.
a) For M.Tech/or B.Tech with GATE score: Rs.31,000 per month from IITGTIDF for 11 months only. After that, the student will receive support from an Institute fellowship.
b) For B.Tech without GATE score: Rs.22,000 per month from IITG TIDF + Rs. 9000 (top-up support) from the ECE Dept. of the Institute for 11 months. After that, the student will receive support from an Institute fellowship
THE SCHEDULE AND THE PROGRAMME
- Admissions will be held based on applications received. The last date of receiving the application will be 28.08.2023 (Monday)
- Date of Selection in Online Mode:Date will be notified through email.
- Shortlisting will be done based on the availability of seats and the academic performance of the candidates. A candidate merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria may not be shortlisted
- There will be no support for travel for the interview.
- There is no application fee
- Course Requirements, if any, will be prescribed by individual Departments. But students will be encouraged to take courses. The Doctoral Committee of a student will evaluate the preparedness of a student and prescribe one or more courses that will have to be taken.
|1||Tuition Fee||Per Semester||5,000|
|2||Institute Caution Money||One Time (Refundable)||5,000|