Advertisement for Project Associate-I/Senior Project Associate cum PhD in the Department of CSE. Last date extended till 30.11.2023 (Thursday) 17 Oct 2023 to 30 Nov 2023
Vacancy for Project Associate-I/Senior Project Associate cum PhD Admission at IIIT Guwahati
Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) of IIIT Guwahati in the following areas of research:
|1||LogIT: A Federated Learning and Fog-Computing based framework for IoT Security||Prof. Ferdous Ahmed Barbhuiya & Dr. Rakesh Matam||Full-time||Fellowship from MeitY, Govt. of India (for 2 Years). After that, an assistantship will be provided through an Institute fellowship.||3|
Applicant must fulfill the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area (CS/IT/ECE/EE) with a minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.5 or 60% of marks
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (CS/IT/ECE/EE) or equivalent in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 or 65% of marks.
- MSc (CS) / MSc (IT) /MCA or equivalent Non-Tech Master’s Degree with a minimum Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 6.5 or 60% of marks and selected through either GATE or NET in CS/IT.
Note: For a candidate who has qualified GATE, it is not necessary that his/her GATE score is valid at the time of admission.
(SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer) and PD categories): Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CPI for SC/ST/PD applicants. Reservation is as per GOI rules. OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates will have to enclose a certificate and self-declaration statement as per the format at Annexure-I & Annexure-II. The OBC (NCL) Certificate, issued by the competent authority, on or after 01-06-2019, shall only be acceptable
- For GATE/NET Qualified Candidates (Project Associate -I):
Emoluments of ₹31,000 per month from MEITY for the first two years. HRA (@16% of emoluments) will be provided throughout the duration of the project if the candidate opts to stay outside the IIIT Guwahati campus. From third year, the student will receive a fellowship from the Institute
- For non-GATE/NET Candidates (Project Associate -I):
Emoluments of ₹25,000 per month from MEITY + ₹6,000 top-up from the CSE department for the first two years. HRA (@16% of emoluments) will be provided throughout the duration of the project if the candidate opts to stay outside the IIIT Guwahati campus. From third year, the student will receive a fellowship from the Institute.
- For Senior Project Associate:
Emoluments of ₹42,000 per month from MEITY for the first two years. HRA (@16% of emoluments) will be provided throughout the duration of the project if the candidate opts to stay outside the IIIT Guwahati campus. From third year, the student will receive a fellowship of from the Institute.
Additional Essential Qualification for Senior Project Associate: In addition to the above eligibility requirements, candidates applying for PhD against this position need to meet the following additional qualification: four years’ experience in R&D in Industrial and Academic institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and scientific activities and services.
THE SCHEDULE AND THE PROGRAMME
- Admissions will be held based on applications received. The last date for receiving the application extended till 30.11.2023 (Thursday)
- Date of Selection in Online Mode: 05.12.2023 (tentative)
- Shortlisting will be done based on the academic performance of the candidates. A candidate merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria may not be shortlisted
- There is no application fee
- Course Requirements, if any, will be prescribed by individual Departments. However, students will be encouraged to take courses. The Doctoral Committee of a student will evaluate the preparedness of a student and prescribe one or more courses that will have to be taken.
- There will be a written comprehensive examination after admission to determine if the student is ready to take up research work and to determine if the student has sufficient breadth of knowledge in the discipline he/she has been admitted to.
|1||Tuition Fee||Per Semester||5,000|
|2||Institute Caution Money||One Time (Refundable)||5,000|
Interested candidates are requested to apply by filling up the Application form along with the self-attested copies of all degrees; mark sheets and GATE or NET scorecard copy (if any) and mailing with the subject line as ‘Application for the vacant post in the project titled “LogIT”’ it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.